Mary Kay is a skincare and cosmetic company that was first founded in 1963 by Mary Kay Ash, but it is so much more than just skincare or cosmetics.
Mary Kay founded her company on several basic foundations, including the “Golden Rule,” to treat others the way you want to be treated. What this means, is that the company is run with with concern for their employees, their sales force, their customers, the environment and our communities.
What does running a company based on the Golden Rule mean?
- We do not test on animals to develop products; we are a global leader in developing alternatives in testing
- Donating and funding research for cancers that affect women
- Supporting women’s shelters in every state
- Created a ‘Don’t Look Away’ Campaign – to create a hotline for women and children, and to educate our communities about domestic violence
- Product & shipping packaging is recyclable (the company also has a tree planting campaign)
- Landfill free factory
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee – products can be returned
Mary Kay is not just about skincare and cosmetics, it’s about changing lives!
Mary Kay started the business as a vehicle to empower women, we are not just about skincare and makeup. For me personally though, Mary Kay skincare has changed my life.
I’ve had acne since I was 8 years old. Over the years, I’ve gotten better and discovering the cause (food, especially dairy products, cocoa powder and nuts are the main culprits) but it took years of breakouts to get this far. I went on Accutane three separate times, as well as everything from holistic to other prescription medicines along the way. I started using the Mary Kay ClearProof acne line January 2016, after being on another well-known acne line for 6 months. In just 3 months, Mary Kay’s acne line cleared up me face AND removed the post redness acne scarring!
I share this because to me, Mary Kay has changed my life. It may sound superficial, but having acne issues since I was 8 years old has affected my self esteem and my confidence. To know that I no longer need to use a green primer or to slather my face in makeup to look professional is a game changer.
I have been a business owner for over 9 years now, and the training I received with Mary Kay has made me a better business woman (confidence, sales, speaking, time management, leadership training) as well as a better person (confidence, prioritizing, goal setting for my dreams). The best part is, just by being a consultant, so much training is available for free!
- Mary Kay changes lives through our philosophies, beliefs, trainings and encouragement of our women
- Training leads to improved confidence, time management, ability to prioritize, sales and more!
3) Giving Back
Through my business, I am able to give back to my community and touch the lives of so many women. If I can help change just on woman’s life by finding a skincare solution for her, or helping her build her dream life, then my day has been a success!
- I have helped run fundraisers for cheer/dance teams to raise money for their competitions.
- I have taught brownies/girl scouts proper skincare to build great habits young.
- I’ve run fundraising campaigns, donating money for all the faces I have seen each month.
- A portion of my purchases to the company go back towards the MK Foundation.
Interested in learning more? We have several skincare lines and as a Beauty Consultant, my goal is to help you try products and find solutions to your skincare and cosmetic needs.
Contact me at: hellogorgeousbymk.com
Latest posts by Alyssa Williamson (see all)
- Mary Kay Facts – The Truth About Mary Kay Cosmetics - February 22, 2017